We’ve been trying money-saving ways and sticking with what’s comfortable for us, this week. Also, while I sold $58+ on eBay, my profit margin is really small with fees and shipping. I’ve figured out some tricks, and more recent sales = higher profit. I’m sorting through the garage sale stash and finding high-value items that sell on eBay.
Here are some new things we intentionally did this week to save:
- Used up the last of the fresh vegs and purchased more on sale, just enough for a week.
- Inventoried freezers and pantries to help menu plan through the end of October.
- Spent less than $60 for groceries.
- Stopped PT visits. I realize this could be controversial, but I had no choice. I’ve been working out my shoulder on my own, and it feels pretty good, and range of motion is good, too. Purchased a yoga ball to do the same exercises, and have other equipment that I use, too.
- Found lawn work for #2, who is more than happy to earn his own. With our increased efforts, he’s renewed his, too.
- Found even more potential rental car discounts = membership discount with 25% off!
- Accepted a gift of school bus tickets.
- Found $5 in my jeans pocket! 🙂
- Used Freecycle to gather shipping supplies.
- Gleaned some apples from my friend’s tree — delicious, and completely organic!
- Signed up to do some mystery shops and got my first assignment.
I’m gearing up for another week of thrifty adventures and Cheap Thrills. Save, save, save!