ConAgra Simple and Delicious sent me this recipe for Beefy Tomato and Spinach Rotini for a filling fall meal. Looks delicious. It’s a Cheap Thrill, too! Allow me to get on the Well-Stocked Pantry soapbox for a sec: stock up for frugal meals like this in a jiffy.
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta, uncooked (.16 Healthy Harvest @ Target FREE @ NF this week w/$1 coupon)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (1.78/# @ NoFrills this week)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = about 1/2 cup) (FREE with NF Mega Meal Deal last week)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained (.55 or less w/CA booklet coupon)
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste-No Salt Added (always a value ETA: $1/3 ConAgra booklet coupon)
- 1 cup chicken broth (- .50 OF coupon OR .59 @ Aldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) fresh spinach leaves (less than $2 @ Aldi)
Total for the meal: about $4.86 4.70. The recipe says it serves 6, so $.78 per serving! You could leave out the expensive spinach, and instead serve a hearty green side salad (.50 for 4 servings). Or substitute steamed broccoli (.99 @ SuperSaver this week).