We’re building on what we’ve done in past weeks to be thrifty. Biggest, I think, is not using AC so much, and with this cooler weather that’s doable. Next would be price matching groceries at BagNSave. Combining driving errands really helps, too.
Here are some new things we intentionally did this week to save:
- Sent a package to #1 at reduced rate thanks to mystery shopping.
- Ordered and received free shipping supplies from USPS.
- Used Majestic Theater mailer coupons for date night with DH: 2 tickets @ $5 each, FREE popcorn.
- Ventured into WalMart for H&B supplies. (Saved about $2 buying there.) Huge for me.
- Used my Baker’s card fuel points for gas at 2.99/gal! You bet I filled up!
- Paid off some medical bills; planned for expected bonus check to pay med bills and schedule others.
- Started evaluating health insurance options for January 1. (Didn’t I just do this last February?) Very bizarre. Where’s my slide rule and scientific calculator?!
- Made use of as much produce as possible. Didn’t throw away any wasted produce! Yay!
- Started rooting another pineapple top as a houseplant.
- DH purchased cement and fixed a portion of the sidewalk himself, saving hundreds.
- Got #2 involved in finding parts to toy sets bound for eBay — complete sets sell better — and we have inquiries already.
- Researched and reserved rental car for graduation at a really good rate, and got an upgrade!
I’m gearing up for another week of thrifty adventures and Cheap Thrills. Every penny counts.